NMIMS School of Law offers an outstanding legal education to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level.
NMIMS University is one of the premiers Deemed to be Universities in India and the programs offered in our law school have all qualities and niceties of the programs offered by world class universities. The school’s faculty members are well qualified and experienced with a wide range of quality legal publications and associated with social justice legal education.
The most advantageous fact is that the NMIMS student community is diverse- irrespective of any region, religion, sexual orientation etc. School of Law aspires to be a global centre of scholarly excellence in the field of law and justice and will prepare outstanding and innovative law professionals with a socially responsible outlook through holistic legal education.
A Law School with a global focus and international outreach dedicated to advance human dignity, social and economic welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law.
About the Competition
The quest for knowledge, wisdom and insight is part and parcel of life. While the pandemic still roars on the edges, and everyone is stuck at their homes, The Moot Court Society of NMIMS School of Law, Bengaluru takes immense pleasure while announcing our 2nd National Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021.
With a goal of improving clinical legal education in India, the School of Law, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies organizes moot court competitions every year and invites law students from various law schools and universities across the country to master the art and abilities of advocacy.
A moot court not only improves legal knowledge, but also communication, drafting, legal research, and presentation skills. To judge the moot, we have on board legal luminaries with excellent expertise in the legal field.
Date: 1st October to 3rd October 2021.
Teams: Each participating team shall comprise of minimum of two (2) members and maximum of three (3) wherein two (2) members, shall be designated as Speakers and one (1) member as Researcher (optional).
Official Language: The official language for the Moot Court Competition shall be English.
Structure of the Competition
The Competition shall be conducted for three days from 1st October 2021 to 3rd October 2021.
The Competition shall consist of two rounds:
a) Memorial Selection Round
b) The Oral Round
· Preliminary Round
· Quarter-final rounds
· Semi-final rounds
· Final round
Registration Details (With payment details)
• Teams are supposed to complete their Registration before 20th August 2021.
• The Registration shall be done by filling up the Application form available at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeU-vVtk_8M-Xaz1nmL8ulDHigvyNzwqy6CsoFhdvSYLYo5AA/viewform?usp=sf_link
• The number of participating teams is limited to 100; the registrations will be done on first come first serve basis. Registration will be closed once 100 teams register.
• The Registration fee is Rs. 2000/- per team.
• The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration fee has been remitted successfully and the Application form is duly filled.
• Once the registration is complete, each team will be provided with a team code along with the confirmation mail.
• The teams shall quote this Team Code in all further communications with the OC.
• Fee once paid is non-refundable at any cost.
The registration fee is required to be transferred to the below mentioned
• Account No. - 191010100023603
• Type of account- Savings
• Account Holder – Pritam Kumar Ghosh
• IFSC Code-UTIB0000191
• Google Pay No. - +91 6363759532
• Commencement of Registration: July 29, 2021
• Last date of registration: August 20, 2021, 11:59 PM
• Clarification Round Starts: August 16, 2021, 10:00 AM
• Clarification Round Ends: August 26, 2021, 11:59 PM
• Release of Clarifications: September 3, 2021, 1:00 PM
• Submission of Memorandum Last date: September 19, 2021, 11:59 PM
• Memo Results: September 28, 2021, 1:00 PM
• Inauguration: October 1, 2021, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
• Oral Rounds – October 1, 2 and 3, 2021
• Result/ Award declaration: October 3, 2021, 3:00 PM
Winning Team: Certificate of merit + Cash prize of Rs. 81,000 + Internship Opportunity at SS Rana & Co. + Knock out plan from SkillXPro + one-year complimentary subscription to SCC Online Web Edition to each member of the team.
Runners up: Certificate of merit + Cash prize of Rs. 41,000 + Knock out plan from SkillXPro.
Best Speaker: Certificate of Merit + Cash prize of Rs. 11,000.
Best Memorial: Certificate of Merit + Cash prize of Rs. 11,000.
All participants shall be provided with Certificate of Participation and one-hour online training session on SCC Online along with one month access to the SCC Online Web Edition.
For Brochure, click on the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KI42NY-1Ti4s1tQbG3Vl0latOk0tmG-h/view?usp=sharing
For Moot Problem, click on the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PU-IdMsyjigvcvMFppxhkeNWl4zKsic2/view?usp=sharing
Mr. Pritam Ghosh, Ph No. +91 80 25126126
Isha Tripathi, Convenor, Moot Court Society
Mob No. +91 9911878111/ 8882175520
Dhriti Bole, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Society
Mob No. +91 7992231780
If you would like your campus event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.