- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of Senior Advocate Tushar Mehta as Solicitor General for India, for a period of three years.
Vikramjit Banerjee, Aman Lekhi, Madhavi Divan, KM Nataraj and Sanjay Jain have been re-appointed as Additional Solicitors General.
Apart from these, the Appointments Committee has appointed new ASGs for the Supreme Court, for a period of three years. The new appointees are:
1. Balbir Singh
2. Suryaprakash V Raju
3. Rupinder Singh Suri
4. N Venkataraman
5. Jayant K Sud
6. Aishwarya Bhati
The following lawyers have been appointed as new Additional Solicitors General for the High Courts:
1. Yezdezard Jehangir Dastoor as ASG for Calcutta High Court
2. Chetan Sharma as ASG for Delhi High Court
3. R Sankaranarayanan as ASG for Madras High Court
4. Dr. Krishna Nandan Singh as ASG for Patna High Court
5. Devang Girish Vyas as ASG for Gujarat High Court
Anil Singh and Satya Pal Jain have been re-appointed as ASGs of the High Courts of Bombay and Punjab & Haryana respectively.