- Apprentice Lawyer
The Centre for Business and Commercial Law (CBCL) in collaboration with Trilegal is organizing the 6th NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws, 2021 virtually on 12th June 2021.
Given the pandemic situation, many amendments and changes have been brought up in the legal framework and the summit aims to provide an insight into some of those developments relating to corporate and commercial laws.
The NLIU-Trilegal Summit on corporate and commercial laws is organized in collaboration with one of the tier-one law firms in India, Trilegal.
Trilegal was founded in 2000 and has over 300 lawyers across four offices in India, entailing its practice in multiple fields. The firm has time and again been awarded with multiple recognitions and has a fairly wide market presence.
The Summit is a research paper presentation competition and is a much-awaited yearly occurrence in the Indian law school circuit amongst the students interested in corporate and commercial laws. It has witnessed participation from the brightest of law students and is known for helping students develop a practical and commercially oriented approach. The themes for the summit concern the understanding and application of business and commercial laws.
With consistent efforts of CBCL and Trilegal, the past editions have been a huge success and the upcoming edition of the Summit is an effort to continue this successful legacy.
Like every year, the authors of the top 15 papers will present their papers to the panel. The panelists will evaluate the presenters on their knowledge of the subject and their presentation skills.
The panelists who will grace the occasion by their benign presence for the event are:
1. Mr. KR Sajji Kumar - Joint Secretary, Ministry of Law and Justice, Former Executive Director, IBBI
2. Mr. Praveen Trivedi - Executive Director, IFSC GIFT City, Former Executive Director, SEBI
3. Mr. Amit Pratap Singh - Assistant Professor, Business Law, NLIU Bhopal
4. Mr. Shekhar - Joint Director, Competition Commission of India
5. Mr. Shankh Sengupta - Partner, Trilegal
6. Mr. Ramakant Rai - Partner, Trilegal
7. Mr. Saurabh Tikamani - Insolvency Professional with KPMG Restructuring services LLP
8. Mr. Rahul Mathur - Associate Director (Legal), Axtria
Please register as a delegate using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEvRUvhxp34R4KCOzq_if6WHRGs8wzp9dkVfx_9BjM3gOIxw/viewform?usp=sf_link
If you would like your campus event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.