The NLUJ Law Review Blog welcomes all kinds of submissions, including, but not limited to, articles, research pieces, opinions, case comments and short notes on any contemporary subject matter related to all the areas of law.
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues. It is a bi-annual, double blind student reviewed and edited journal, focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The remit of the Review is not restricted to any particular field of law but is broad enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-related issues.
Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
All works must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
The word limit for the manuscript is 1500 words. This word limit is exclusive of the endnotes (if any). Longer posts may be accepted and published in parts subject to the discretion of the editors – please discuss the same with the Board of Editors.
Authors are encouraged to use headings to break up long posts. Headings should not be of more than one level and should be in bold.
Font and spacing
The title of the post should be formatted to Garamond font size 14, All Caps and in bold. The main body of the text should be formatted to Garamond font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing with a single line space between paragraphs.
All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. Hyperlinks should be provided to all supporting materials and legal texts for the benefit of the readers. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, the use of endnotes is recommended. No speaking endnotes or footnotes are allowed.
Submissions must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the post. To submit a post for consideration, please fill the Google Form which can be accessed by clicking here. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgMaZxCG2yl6roeJr8AhnAozWLcaF9Y5bSzj6MzVqM8RbtDQ/viewform
All the manuscripts will go through a double-blind peer review. The review process of each manuscript may take up to 9 days, though the Board of Editors shall endeavour to respond back to the author(s) within a week.
Please note that the Board will directly provide the decision to accept or reject the manuscript. The amendments and suggestions, if any, shall be communicated to the authors at the earliest. If the manuscript has been selected for publication, the authors will be expected to perform any necessary revision in good faith. Authors are also expected to be cooperative when it comes to minor editorial changes which might be necessary even after the submission of the edited manuscript by the author(s).
1. The Blog follows a comprehensive double-blind review process that starts right after the receipt of the manuscript, therefore, the manuscript must not be submitted on any other platform for publication during the review process.
2. The Board of Editors retains complete discretion over acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
3. The Board of Editors will not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on the review of the final manuscripts submitted by the author(s).
4. After initial acceptance, manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Final acceptance of a manuscript for publication is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Board of Editors.
5. Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the Board, the copyright over the manuscript is vested in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
6. The manuscript which is published on any other platform must not be submitted for publication. The Blog only accepts exclusive publications.
While submitting to the Blog, the author(s):
1. Warrants that the manuscript is their original work, and that there is no impediment to its publication on the Blog;
2. Consents to the publication of the submitted piece on the Blog provided that they are fully acknowledged as the author(s);
3. Authorizes the Board of Editors to use and store personal data provided by the author(s) for the purposes of the Blog; and,
4. Consents to editorial changes and accepts that the editors have discretion in the choice of the post title.
For more details, Kindly visit: