About the University
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) was established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009).
The Hon’ble Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court is the Chancellor of the University. Prof. (Dr.) V. K. Ahuja is the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of the University. NLUJAA promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to its students, scholars and faculty drawn from across the country, including the North East, hailing from different socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
About the DPIIT-IPR Chair
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, has endowed the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam with an Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Chair, under the Scheme for Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education & Academia (SPRIHA), to benefit the people of the North-East Region of India in protecting their IPRs.
The Chair since its inception in 2018 has concertedly focused its efforts towards preservation and promulgation of IP resources of the North-East Region and has been fervently engaged in building capacity of the creators/producers/owners towards protection of their IP rights at the grass-root, in order to strengthen the overall IP ecosystem of the nation.
About the Journal
The NLUA Journal of Intellectual Property Rights is a peer reviewed bi-annual online journal of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade – Intellectual Property Rights Chair (DPIIT-IPR) of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
The Journal seeks to serve the purpose of promoting research in legal, economic, socio-legal, social, technological and entrepreneurial aspects of new and emerging areas of IPR at all levels – regional, national and international, in view of the National IPR Policy and the Scheme for Pedagogy and Research in IPRs for Holistic Education and Academia (SPRIHA).
The Journal aims to publish scholarly articles, research papers, book reviews, case studies on various aspects of IPRs from students, scholars, academicians, legal practitioners, and activists having interest and zeal in reinforcing and uplifting the prospects of IPR research and development.
Categories for Submission
Research Papers and Articles: Research papers and articles based on doctrinal as well as empirical research on the concerned theme are to be submitted. The word limit may be between 5000 to 8000 words. Authors are expected to undertake proper analysis of the available literature and present a comprehensive understanding of the thematic topic.
Case Studies/Comments: Case studies/comments must be based on analysis of recent judicial pronouncements of both national and international judiciary concerning the theme. The word limit for the same may be between 3000 to 4000 words.
Book Reviews: Review of book must be relevant to the theme of the journal. The word limit for book reviews may be around 2000 words. The review should consist of analysis of the opinions put forth by the author of the book and present it in own understanding.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
1. Submissions in any of the categories stated above must be the original work of the author and must not have been submitted elsewhere or pending review.
2. All submissions must be in MS-Word format (.doc) or (.docx).
3. An abstract of not more 250 words should invariably be provided along with the manuscript.
4. Co-authorship is permitted for all the categories of submission.
5. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, line spacing 1.5 and 1-inch margin on all sides of an A4 size paper.
6. The format for footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and single line spacing.
7. The citations must strictly conform to the ILI style of Footnoting.
8. The paper must have been checked for plagiarism.
9. Headings should adhere to the following standard:
a. Title: Uppercase Bold, Font size 14.
b. Headings: All capitals and bold, Font size 12.
c. Sub-Headings: Title case, bold, Font size 12.
10. Submissions should be made in the electronic form to the Editorial Board at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +91-361-2738891 Ext: 562
11. Submissions should include a cover letter along with the profile of the author(s) consisting of the author’s name, designation, institution, contact details.
Mode of Publication
Being an e-Journal, all submissions, subject to selection, shall be published online.
Submissions should reach the above email address latest by 31 May, 2022.
For further information, please feel free to connect:
Research Assistant, DPIIT-IPR CHAIR, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
Ms. Sharmistha Baruah, Mobile: +91 9864809852
Ms. Dolly Kumar, Email: email@example.com Mob: +91 7662957308