- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
The School of Law, is a part of CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore a premier educational institution accredited with an A grade in 2016 by NAAC, dedicated to the motto of ‘Excellence and Service’.
About the E-Conference
The world has been grasped by an unprecedented global pandemic. Human rights violations, governmental actions sparking constitutional debates and issues pertaining to environment conservation have been on the rise.
In the light of such predicaments, School of Law, CHRIST proposes its 11th National E-Conference on “Contemporary Legal Issues and Reflections amidst the Pandemic”.
The committee shall also conduct webinars on the themes of the E-Conference to provide expert insights. The E- Conference is in collaboration with EBC & SCC Online as the media partners and Libertatem Magazine as the knowledge partner.
Call for Papers
The E-Conference calls for submissions on the following theme and sub-themes:
Theme I : Challenges to Justice Administration vis-a-vis Human Rights
1. The Rising Gender Based Violence during Lockdown
2. Impact of COVID-19 on the Criminal Trial Procedure
3. Resort to ODR in Resolving Commercial Disputes
4. Balancing between Parole and Prison during COVID 19
Theme II : Impending Constitutional Debates and Discussions
1. E-Pharmacies, Clinical Trials - Contravention of Health Rights?
2. Centralised Control of COVID 19 and Federalism
3. PM CARES Fund : Transparency and Accountability Analysis
4. Imposition of Contact Tracing Apps : A Privacy Perspective
Theme III : Environmental Law and Policy Framework
1. Control and Management of Bio-Medical Waste
2. Regulation of Contagious Virus Genome Editing : An International Perspective
3. Obviating Inhumane Treatment of Animals: A Necessity
4. COVID 19 and the International State Responsibility
Theme IV : Contemporary Legal Predicaments and Developments
1. Farm Acts: A Strike on Socialistic Ideals?
2. Permissibility of “Act of God” excuse to reduce GST Compensation
3. Right to Dissent v. National Security: Freedom of Speech and Expression
4. Examining the impact of Dilution in Labour Laws
The list of afore-mentioned themes is suggestive in nature and meritorious contributions on other sub-themes related to the broad theme are also invited. The authors may also incorporate jurisprudential or international perspectives to their papers based on the area chosen.
Who Can Attend?
Academicians, practitioners, research scholars, and students are invited to submit research abstracts on selection of which the authors shall be required to submit full papers and present the same at the E-Conference.
Abstract Submission November 20, 2020
Communication of Acceptance of Abstract November 25, 2020
Last date for Registration and Payment December 10, 2020
Submission of Full Papers December 27, 2020
Dates of the E - Conference January 22 - 23, 2021
CISCO WebEx shall be used for paper presentation and conduct of National E-Conference.
The abstract should not exceed 300 words, and must be accompanied with a cover page stating:-
Title of the Paper
Name of the Author(s)
Name of the Institution
For Students: INR 700/- for single authorship and INR 1000/- for co-authorship.
For Professionals and Academicians: INR 900/- for single authorship and INR 1200/- for co-authorship.
For any further clarifications mail us at email@example.com or, contact the Student Convenors:
Rajveer Singh Gurdatta +91 9292829292 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Clara Tomy +91 9606842848 email@example.com
If you would like your event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.