NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed and edited journal, focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The remit of the Review is not restricted to any particular field of law but is broad enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-related issues.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 25, 2021
NLUJ Law Review invites original and unpublished manuscripts including, but not limited to, long articles, short articles, and case notes & comments, in different facets of law and allied fields from academicians, practitioners, legal professionals, research scholars and students. Please fill the form available here to submit the manuscript.
Kindly note that the deadline for submitting the manuscript is November 25, 2021.
Long Articles [6,000 – 8,000 words]
The category includes submissions that are comprehensively analysing a nuanced legal issue. It must contain an analysis of the current legal scenario, help the reader identify the lacunae therein, and provide constructive suggestions. The author(s) are also encouraged to provide their opinions and responses to the previous publications of the Review.
Short Articles [3,000 – 6,000 words]
The category includes submissions that undertake an in-depth study of specific legal issues and gives the reader valuable insight into the legal challenge identified by the author.
Case notes & Comments [1,500 – 3,000 words]
The category is inclusive of both case notes and comments that discuss any contemporary question of law. A case note must contain an argument that emphasises on a legal dialogue or a definite point of law. A comment must contain a pivotal assessment of recent judicial decisions, recent legislation or policy reform proposals focusing on both national and international jurisdictions.
POINTS FOR QUICK REFERENCE
1. Please fill the form available here to submit the manuscript.
2. Kindly note that the deadline for submitting the manuscript is November 25, 2021.
3. There are no restrictions in relation to the area of law.
4. Maximum co-authorship of two is permitted for the submissions made under the categories of Long Articles and Short Articles.
5. Co-authorship is not allowed for the submissions made under the category of Case Notes & Comments.
6. The word limits prescribed are exclusive of footnotes.
7. The submissions made under the categories of Long Articles and Short Articles must enclose an abstract of not more than 200 words.
8. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for the purposes of publication.
9. The Review retains absolute discretion in relation to acceptance or rejection of a manuscript.
10. For more information and to access our previous editions, visit our official website here.