- Apprentice Lawyer
St. Joseph’s College of Law is the pioneer Jesuit law college in South Asia that is strengthened with a 450-year-old legacy in imparting quality by moulding students into ‘people of competence, conscience and compassion dedicated to the service of faith and the promotion of justice’.
The “SJCL National Memorandum Drafting Competition” is designed to enhance drafting, research and analytical skills among aspiring lawyers. Drafting, an indispensable skill, is the ‘opus’/ ‘Il faut’ for a law student. Couched in a legal scenario, participants are required to be prudent and employ their legal acumen. In a nutshell, the competition seeks to bring forth the ‘legisperitus’ in each student.
1. A team can consist of either a single member or two members. Any number of teams may register from a single institution. There is no restriction on the number of eligible teams from one institution
2. The students currently enrolled in either five years or three years LL.B. courses or LL.M. programs from any recognized university are eligible for participation in the competition.
3. The competition allows 'crossinstitutional' teams. The participants from different institutions may come together to form a team for participation in the contest.
4. No changes will be made to the team composition after registration without express permission of the organizing body.
1. Registration will be only accepted through Google Forms Link mentioned below https://forms.gle/seXkumLtaZyk8JS48
2. Registration Fee: Rs. 250/- per team
3. The registration fee is to be paid via the link below only. No other form of payment will be acknowledged. Payment Link: https://rzp.io/l/ut6VF8G
4. Upon payment, the teams must attach a screenshot of the invoice and upload the same on the form as required.
5. Once Registration fee is received then it will not be refunded in any circumstance.
· Registration Commences & Release of Proposition -12th March 2021
· Registration Closes - 28th March 2021
· Last Date to Seek Clarifications - 5th April, 2021
· Releasing of Clarifications - 10th April 2021
· Submission of Memorial - 26th April 2021
Declaration of Results -Will be conveyed via mail
1. Best Memorandum – Rs. 5,000/-
2. Runners Up – Rs. 3,000/-
3. 2nd Runners Up – Rs. 2,000/-
1. SJCL NMDC Brochure, 2021: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DYL7DNxTwTjxoRddgqutfof-v8w9ZLF/view?usp=sharing
2. SJCL NMDC Proposition, 2021: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mTO9przLwSR0Gzwj0mL2D6GnqZftQL7B/view?usp=sharing
3. SJCL NMDC Rules and Regulations: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11HxWwyakwcoKm3zivAlTGgZRhAfeNR8l/view?usp=sharing
· Mr. Sudeep Sudhakaran, Assistant Professor, SJCL - +91 9496891250
· Ms. Sangeetha Thomas, Assistant Professor, SJCL - +91 7406604382
· Shazia Shaikh - +91 9538392524
· Diksha Garg - +91 9900435855
If you would like your campus event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.