67% of High Court judges are from Bar, 33% from service; High Courts working at 70% capacity: Law Ministry response

There are 519 High Court judges from the Bar whereas 255 are from the district judiciary of the various states.

67% of High Court judges have been appointed from the Bar and the remaining 33% are from the judicial services, Union Minister of State in charge of the Law Ministry Arjun Ram Meghwal said in response to a question in the Lok Sabha.

Loading content, please wait...
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news