- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
With effect from May 4, 2020, the Chairperson, Members and officers of the National Green Tribunal will attend the Office, however, until the situation improves, judicial work will be conducted only through video conferencing.
A notice to this effect was issued by the Principal Bench of National Green Tribunal in light of the Government of India Order requiring 100% attendance of the officers of level of Deputy Secretary.
Instructions regarding functioning of NGT with effect from May 4 are as follows:
- Physical presence/appearance of parties or their counsel in the NGT complex is not required as judicial work will be carried through video conferencing.
- Only online filing (e-filing) of cases is allowed and no physical filing is permitted.
- The parties/lawyers may request for listing or adjournment of their cases or make urgent mentioning, by sending an email in advance to email@example.com.
- All communication with NGT qua listing of cases, filing of documents/reports, filing of written submissions / synopsis / audio of oral submissions (if any) etc shall be done only through the abovementioned email ID.
- The lawyers/litigants desirous of participating in video conferencing hearings are required to send request at the abovementioned email ID in advance, giving their names, case title, case number, date of hearing, email IDs, mobile numbers, etc.
- NGT shall be using “Vidyo” App whereby users can join Vidyo room from their mobile phones/laptops/desktops having adequate internet facility.
- If the request for personal hearing is permitted by the Bench, the time and link with one-time password for the virtual hearing shall be shared with the parties by the Office.
- Entry to NGT complex shall be restricted only to its staff and all the safety and precautionary guidelines issued by the Government shall be scrupulously followed.
- The staff below the rank of Deputy Registrars will attend the NGT Office upto the strength of 33% as separately notified from time to time.
Recently, to make up to the loss of judicial time due to COVID-19, NGT cancelled its summer break scheduled for June.
Read the Notice: