Husband has to pay maintenance under Section 125 CrPC to estranged wife even if he has made attempts to cohabit with her: Bombay High Court

The Court refused to accept the contention of the husband that he was under huge financial losses and thus cannot pay the maintenance.

The Bombay High Court recently held that even if the husband claims that he is ready to cohabit with the estranged wife, he will still be liable to pay maintenance to the wife under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).

Want to read the full story?

We’re glad you’re enjoying this story. Subscribe to any of our plans to continue reading the story.

Already have an account? Sign In
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news