Police have no authority to recover money; difference between civil and criminal wrongs being ignored: Supreme Court

Non-payment of money or breach of contract are civil wrongs that differ from criminal offences, a bench of Justices Sanjiv Khanna and Dipankar Datta reiterated.
Supreme Court and UP Police
Supreme Court and UP Police

Police do not have the authority to recover money or act as a civil court for recovery of money after civil proceedings fail, the Supreme Court recently said [Lalit Chaturvedi and ors vs State of Uttar Pradesh and anr].

Loading content, please wait...
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news