Wife can file complaint under Section 498A IPC for cruelty even if she has consented to husband's second marriage: Patna High Court

The Court refused to accept the argument of the appellant-husband that he had performed second marriage in 2004 after taking prior consent of his first wife whom he had married in May 1978.
Patna High Court
Patna High Court

The Patna High Court last week held that even if a wife grants consent to her husband's second marriage, she can still file a complaint against him under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for cruelty [Arun Kumar Singh vs Nirmala Devi].

Loading content, please wait...
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news