The Society for Excellence in Constitutional Law and Public Policy is an academic body established at the Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow. T
he Society comprises student members of the University. The agenda of the society is to have vibrant discussions on contemporary constitutional law issues, contribute to the academic discourse, organize guest lectures by constitutional law experts, and collaborate with other institutions of repute in furtherance of greater dissemination of knowledge in regard to Constitutional and Public Policy issues.
The Society aims at updating readers with minute nuances of latest developments in the field of Constitutional Law & Public Policy. The student-member body seeks to achieve the above stated ambition by publishing quality researched articles and making the blog an authoritative destination for the inquisitive readers. The Blog is run by the Editorial Board of the SECLPP.
Call for Blogs
The Society for Excellence in Constitutional Law and Public Policy Blog invites submissions on a rolling basis on the theme of ‘women’s equality’ and/or ‘international day of justice’, for the months of August and September. Submissions discussing contemporary legal developments related to Constitutional Law or Public Policy are also welcome. The Blog accepts submissions from members of the bar, legal professionals, law students, and anyone interested in writing.
To submit a piece, mail the manuscript along with an abstract (100-150 words) as a separate word file, and a cover letter stating name, institution of affiliation and year of study of the author(s). In case the author is a professional, mention a brief introduction in the cover email. The submission is to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Submission – CfB’.
Authors are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Plagiarism is highly discouraged. Manuscripts should contain content that is both original and unpublished. The Similarity Index should not be above 15%. In the event of a submission being accepted with a Similarity Index of between 15%-20%, the entry shall be sent back to the author for explanation and/or redrafting.
2. Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
3. Manuscripts should be between 1200-1500 words.
4. Hyperlinks are preferred wherever possible. In case a source cannot be hyperlinked, cite it as a footnote using the OSCOLA 4th Edition system of citations.
5. The authors are encouraged to provide a relevant photograph regarding the subject matter of the article if they wish a photographic preview in the blog-posts and social media updates.