The Chandigarh University International Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 is being organized with an intention to give a new experience of learning and development to the budding lawyers in the field of law, research, writing and advocacy by granting them an exposure at the international level.
The aim is granting the participants an opportunity to enhance their knowledge towards the emerging trends of the International Law along with honing the communication skills which is one of the important attributes of a good lawyer. The Competition shall not only enable the student to grow in the field of knowledge but will be an endeavour to the participants to enroute the road of professionalism.
The valuable feedback from the learned Academicians, Professional Lawyers and Honourable Judges of High Courts will provide them golden points to be used in the journey of law profession as an advocate as well as a judge. It further aims to facilitate analyse the evolution of existing International Law in relation to the emerging new laws with the advent of technology and development.
About the Chandigarh University
Chandigarh University is a leading in India offering inspirational learning to foster the students to lead the professional world. From Engineering to Management, Commerce to Animation, Pharma Sciences to Media & Journalism, Chandigarh University (CU) offers a plethora of choicest courses and opportunities.
THE MOOT PROPOSITION
The Moot Court Proposition is based on International Law.
The Competition will be open for the students who are pursuing LL. B, three years or five years course during the current academic year from any recognized Law School/College or University.
The Competition shall be held in English Language Only.
• The registration shall be through the online mode. The teams have to register themselves by submitting the Registration cum Approval Letter via email at email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Only 48 teams will be registered to participate in the competition out of which at least 10 shall be teams from International Institutions. The registration shall be done on first come first serve basis.
• One Team shall be allowed from each Institute.
• The participants have to duly fill the Registration cum Approval Letter as provided in the annexures of the rules which should be duly signed and sealed by your Registrar/ Dean/Principal/Director/Head of the Department/Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor university/college. The same needs to be mailed to the organizing authority. The Registration will be invalid without the submission of the Approval Letter.
• The Participants shall be receiving an acknowledgement on the successful submission of the registration. The acceptance of the Registration for participation shall be communicated to the participants via email.
• Once the registration has been confirmed, the team code shall be allotted to the registered team by the Organizing University and shall be communicated via email.
The Last Date of Registration is August 18, 2021.
The results of the Preliminary Rounds shall be announced after the completion of both the rounds.
The results of the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals shall be announced after the completion of each round. The result for the Final Round will be announced in the Valedictory Ceremony.
• First Prize: Rs. 55,000 (INR)
• Runner Up: Rs. 35,000 (INR)
• Best Mooter: Rs.15,000 each (INR) (National and International)
• Best Memorial: Rs.15,000 each (INR) (National and International)
Date: 2nd September to 4th September 2021
Mode: Cisco Webex
• Last Date of Registration - 18 August 2021
• Last Date for any Clarification - 21st August, 2021
• Last Date for the Submission of Memorial - 24 August 2021
• Orientation and Draw of Lots for the Preliminary Rounds - 1 September, 2021
• Preliminary Rounds: 2 September 2021
• Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals Rounds: 3 September 2021
• Finals Rounds and Valedictory Session: 4 September 2021
Please Note: The detailed programme shall be communicated to the participants via email. The Organizers hold the rights to amend the various proceedings of the event.
1. Prof. (Dr.) Sonia Grewal Mahal
Email Id: email@example.com, Mob: +91 9872523535
2. Dr. Kusum Pal (Associate Professor)
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob: +91 8968330644
3. Dr. Jasdeep Kaur (Associate Professor)
E-mail: email@example.com, Mob: +91 9872446212
4. Ms. Suzanna Augustine George (Assistant Professor)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob: +91 8288883389
5. Ms. Himanshi (Assistant Professor)
E-mail: email@example.com, Mob: +91 9915222448
1. Shivrit Dhadwal, B.A.LL.B, 5th Year UID: 17BAL5113
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +91 9877584735
2. Shubham Gupta, B.A.LL.B, 4th Year UID:18BAL5151
Email: email@example.com Mob: +91 8708365510
3. Anand Kumar Maurya, BBA.LL.B, 3rd Year UID: 19BAL1029
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +91 7985933594
4. Bhanu Sharma, BBA.LL.B, 3rd Year UID: 19BAL1132
Email: email@example.com Mob: +91 9518412268
If you would like your campus event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.