Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur was established by the Government of Maharashtra by way of enactment known as the Maharashtra National Law University Act (Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2014). It is a residential University engaged in promoting quality legal education and conducting cutting-edge research on thriving issues of law, social science, and humanities.
The Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur is presenting the first edition of National Moot Court Competition, 1st MNLU, Nagpur National Moot Court Competition, 2022 (MNLUN-NMCC). The competition shall seek the participation of various teams from different law schools all across the nation.
The theme of the Competition is an intersection between Constitutional Law and Technology law, which was chosen with an intention to stimulate discussion about the emerging area of law.
The problem concerns regulation of OTT platforms and jurisdiction of Supreme Court and the High Courts regarding conflict between free speech and state’s interference with the regulation of the content created and being shared on such platforms. The problem concerns with Constitution of India, Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021 and Cinematograph Act 1952.
Participating members of the teams must be undergraduate students pursuing a three-year or five-year integrated law degree from any institution recognized by the BCI. Only one (1) team can register from a particular College or Institution for participating in the Competition. Students from different Colleges/Institutions are not allowed to form an Inter-College team.
A team shall consist of three (3) members, i.e., two speakers and one researcher. The roles of the participants shall be the same throughout the competition.
The Competition will be held virtually via the online platform “Cisco Webex”.
All teams willing to participate in the Competition are required to register for the same via the online registration form as provided herein below on or before June 25, 2022 (11:59 PM IST).
For registration click here
Registering teams are required to pay a registration fee of ₹3,000 via online bank transfer. The payment of the registration fee shall be made through the online payment gateway link which is provided below:
Registration Deadline: June 25, 2022 (11:59 pm IST)
For Registration please contact
Ameya Garud: +919820891405
Rudraksh Pathak: +91 9981483595
Last date for Provisional Registration: June 10, 2022
Last date for Final Registration: June 25, 2022
Last date for seeking Clarifications: June 29, 2022
Declaration of Clarifications: July 2, 2022
Last date for submission of Memorials: July 17, 2022
Inauguration and Researchers’ Test: July 29, 2022
Oral Rounds: July 30-31, 2022
Prizes and Awards
· Winning Team: Cash prize of ₹21,000 along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit
· Runners-Up Team: Cash prize of ₹15,000 along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit
· Best Memorial: Cash prize of ₹7,000 along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
· Best Speaker: Cash Prize of ₹7,000 along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
· Best Researcher: The “Best Researcher” will be determined by the researchers’ test score and will be rewarded with ₹7,000 along with a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
· E-Certificate of Merit shall be given to all the Teams qualifying for the Quarter Finals and Semi-Final Round.
· E-Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participating Teams.