Plea before Delhi High Court to replace 'Central Government' with 'Union Government' in laws, official communications

The petitioner said that it was never the intention of founding fathers or the Constitution to use the term 'Central Government' and the first reference to it came only in 2012.
Government - North South Block
Government - North South Block

A public interest litigation (PIL) has been filed before the Delhi High Court seeking directions to the Central government to replace the terms ‘Centre’ or ‘Central Government’ with ‘Union Government’ in all acts and legislations as well as official communications [Atmaram Saraogi v Union of India].

Want to read the full story?

We’re glad you’re enjoying this story. Subscribe to any of our plans to continue reading the story.

Already have an account? Sign In

Related Stories

No stories found.
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news