The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended new Chief Justices for 13 High Courts across the country.
While five of those are Chief Justices who will be transferred from other High Courts, eight are puisne judges who will be elevated as Chief Justices.
The decision was taken at the meeting of Collegium headed by Chief Justice of India, NV Ramana on September 16.
The Chief Justices recommended for transfer to other High Court are:
1. Justice Akil Kureshi - Tripura to Rajasthan
2. Justice Indrajit Mahanty - Rajasthan to Tripura
3. Justice Mohammad Rafiq - Madhya Pradesh to Himachal Pradesh
4. Justice Arup Kumar Goswami - Andhra Pradesh to Chhattisgarh
5. Justice Biswanath Somadder - Meghalaya to Sikkim
The eight puisine judges recommended for appointment to various High Courts as Chief Justices are:
1. Justice Rajesh Bindal - Allahabad
2. Justice Prakash Shrivastava - Calcutta
3. Justice PK Mishra - Andhra Pradesh
4. Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi - Karnataka
5. Justice Satish Chandra Sharma - Telangana
6. Justice Aravind Kumar - Gujarat
7. Justice RV Malimath - Madhya Pradesh
8. Justice Ranjit V More - Meghalaya
The Collegium had last month recommended nine judges for appointment to the Supreme Court. Those recommendations were cleared by the Central government within a week thereby taking the working strength of the Supreme Court from 24 to 33.
[Read Collegium Statements]