"Tricky situation": Kerala High Court seeks CBSE response to plea moved by transgender person to change name, gender on certificate

"A tricky situation, usually we don't come across such a request," Justice VG Arun remarked.
Kerala High Court and  Pride Flag
Kerala High Court and Pride Flag

A transgender person, who was assigned female sex at birth but recently changed his gender and name, has moved the Kerala High Court seeking directions to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to change his name, gender, and photograph in his CBSE certificates of 10 and 12th standards.

Loading content, please wait...
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news