- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
The RGNUL Book Series on Corporate Law and Corporate Affairs (hereinafter, “RBS”) is a bi-annual, student-run, peer-reviewed book series based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, established in the year 2016.
The book series aims to focus on contemporaneous legal issues related to General Corporate Governance, Banking, Financial Services, Mergers & Acquisition, Taxation, etc. with contributions from practitioners, legal academician, professionals, undergraduate and postgraduate students, etc.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The theme for Issue – IV [2020 Edition] shall focus on “MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS”. The submissions must aim to examine the existing legal framework and further provide a cogent analysis of the same.
Prospective authors must aim to provide to the readers a descriptive and critical analysis of the existing literature on the subject and attempt to add to the existing scholarship. A brief list of suggested topics is given below for the perusal of prospective authors.
THEME: MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS (“M&A”).
1. Interplay between M&A and other disciplines
· M&A: Corporate and Security Law considerations
· M&A vis-à-vis Competition Law: Striking the balance in light of recent amendments
· Interface Between Corporate Governance and M&A
2. M&A: A Global Perspective
· M&A in the global marketplace: Investigating current trends, legal challenges, and corporate implications
· Impact of government laws and practices on M&A: A comparative study between developing and developed countries
3. M&A vis-à-vis the Digital Ecosystem
· M&A and the Big Data industry
· M&A in E-commerce Sector/ Technology sector: Addressing the Privacy concerns
4. Hostile Takeovers
· Defensive Tactics vis-à-vis Hostile Takeovers: An Indian Perspective
· Rights issue and Creeping Acquisitions
· Anti-takeover provisions (ATPs): A process of Inducing Corporate Innovation
5. Due Diligence in M&A transactions
· The relevance of Due-Diligence in M&A to prevent foreseeable harm
· Non-Disclosure Agreements and Due Diligence in Takeovers: Pitfalls and Challenges
· Tracing the Contours of Material Adverse Change (MAC) under M&A transactions
6. M&A vis-à-vis Rights of Stakeholders
· Protection of shareholders in Cross Border M&A
· Impact of M&A on the operating performance and shareholders wealth of the acquiring firms
· Challenges to workforce management in M&As
· Diversification via M&A: Incentives and Challenges
· Cross Border M&A: Risks and Rewards
· M&A deal-making amidst Stock Market Volatility
Please Note: The above-mentioned list for sub-themes is merely illustrative and not exhaustive, and hence any other submission pertinent to the theme shall be accorded consideration.
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSIONS
· Descriptive Articles: A comprehensive and thorough analysis of issues relevant to the theme. The word limit for articles is between 5,000 to 8,000 words.
· Essays: They should give a detailed argument-based analysis of the subject matter being dealt with. Essays should generally cover areas that remain unexplored. The word limit for articles is between 3,000 to 6,000 words.
· Short Notes: These should contain brief, case, and point arguments revolving around a specific, current issue or an issue of importance which may have not received due research. The word limit for articles is between 3,000 to 5,000 words.
· Case Comments: An academic writing that analyses or is a critique of a recent case. The word limit for commentaries is between 3,000 to 4,000 words.
· Normative Law Articles: The authors may provide an opinion relating to the specific Legislations involved in the theme of the issue and provide relevant suggestions, criticisms, or loopholes which are prevalent. It seeks to bring out the author’s view on how particular legislation or legislative Provision should have been drafted. The article must first state briefly about the Legislation/Legislative provision and then suggest what changes could be adopted in it. The word limit shall not exceed 6,000 words.
· All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, line spacing 1.5.
· Margins: Left 1.5 Inch and Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch, and Bottom 1 Inch. All the word limits are exclusive of footnotes.
· All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 10% of the word limit subject to a minimum of 200 words.
· The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.). All footnotes must be in Garamond, size 10, single-spacing, and justified.
· The co-authorship shall be limited to a maximum of two authors.
· The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author(s)’ name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference.
· The manuscript should not contain the name of the author(s) or his/ her institutional affiliation or any other identification mark.
· Submissions should be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Submission for RBS, Vol. IV”. All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx formats along with a pdf copy of the same.
· The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions, or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
· All manuscripts would be checked/scrutinized for plagiarism by the Editorial Board. Infringing, offensive or plagiarized submissions will be liable for rejection. Plagiarism limit of 12% shall be strictly adhered to.
● The authors by submitting their articles would be deemed to have divested the copyright of the same to RBS.
● The RBS shall retain all copyright arising out of any publications and only the moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
● The submission must be original, unpublished, and an outcome of the author’s own efforts.
● The authors are required to acknowledge the contribution of all persons and resources relating to the submission.
The last date for submissions is 20th September, 2020 (11:59 PM)
Chaitanya Kumar Verma (Editor-in-Chief) – 8825255021
Shruti Jaju (Managing Editor) – 9001058984
For any further queries, you can contact the Editorial Board at email@example.com.
If you would like your event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.