- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
The RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) Journal is a bi-annual, student run, blind peer reviewed, flagship journal based at the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board, in collaboration with Saikrishna and Associates Advocates, invites submissions from academicians, practitioners, legal luminaries and students on the theme "Protecting Consumers in the 21st Century: Broadening the Outlook".
RSRR invites submissions on the following sub-themes:
1. Liability under Consumer Protection: A Boon or a Bane?
a. Criminal Liability: A Step Backwards?
b. Critical Analysis of the Product Liability Framework
c. Imputability of liability in the age of Robots and AI
2. Protecting a Digital Consumer
a. The Impact of AI on Consumerism
b. Privacy of an Online Consumer
c. Unsolicited Commercial Communications
3. Changing Ambits of Consumer Grievance Redressal Mechanism: A Cross Jurisdictional Analysis
a. Mediation as a Fresh Resolution Mechanism
b. The Arbitrability of Consumer Disputes
c. Expanding the Jurisdiction of Consumer Disputes
d. Online Dispute Resolution: A Viable Remedy?
4. Consumer Law in a Global Village
a. Need for Uniform and Standard Principles of International Consumerism
b. Jurisdictional and Enforcement Issues vis-a-vis Cross-Border Trade
5. Comparative Consumer Law: Analyzing International Best Practices
6. Revamping the definition of 'Service'
a. Educational Institutions: Serving Students?
b. Accountability for 'Free' Healthcare Services?
c. Content Moderation on Social Media Platforms: A Consumer Issue?
d. Applicability of Sovereign Immunity for Government Services
e. Aggregators and Gig Economy: Are gig workers consumers?
7. Issues Around Consumer Consent
a. Consenting to Unfair Contractual Terms
b. Impact of Big Data Analytics on Consumer Rights
c. Consent in Internet of Things and Consumer Law
8. Consumer Protection in the Financial Sector
a. Regulating Fin-Tech and E-payment Portals
b. Deficiency of Service by Banks- An Expansive Interpretation
c. Insurance Regulation for the Benefit of the Consumer
9. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Issues vis-a-vis Consumer Laws
a. Consumer as a Creditor to the Corporate Debtor
b. Concurrent Reliefs for a Consumer
c. Individual Bankruptcy: A Consumer Protection Measure or a Market Abuse Measure?
10. Evolving Anti-Competitive Practices and Consumer Protection: Are the existing legislations adequate?
11. Consumer Protection and Environmental Sustainability: Creating a Balance
12. IPR Regulation for Consumer Benefit
13. Regulation of Advertising and Marketing Laws: Influencing Consumers' Behavior
a. Liability of Advertising Agencies and Influencers
b. E-Commerce Portals: Targeting Online Consumers
c. Regulation of Telemarketing and Robocalls
d. Deceiving Vulnerable Consumers: Advertising and Trademarks
Note: The submissions are, however, not restricted to the aforementioned sub themes, provided they fall within the ambit of the main theme.
RSRR invites papers under the following categories:-
1. Articles: (5,000 to 10,000 words).
2. Short Notes: (3,500 to 5,000 words).
3. Case Comments: (2,500 to 4,500 words).
4. Normative Law Articles: (3,000 to 5,000 words).
Instructions for Authors
1. All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
2. All footnotes shall be in Garamond 10, single-spaced and should conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC).
3. Margins: Left 1 Inch and Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch and Bottom 1 Inch (A4).
4. The word limit is exclusive of all the footnotes.
5. Co-authorship is allowed up to 2 authors.
6. All entries should be submitted in .doc/ .docx format only.
7. The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted paper. In case of any plagiarism found in the contents of submitted paper, the Manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
All submissions must be accompanied with an abstract subject to a maximum of 250 words. The abstract shall also be accompanied by at least 3 keywords in the paper, up to a maximum of 7 keywords.
The abstracts and the papers must be mailed at email@example.com, with the subject "Submission for Volume 7, Issue 1 - Type of Submission (Article/ Short Note/ Case Comment/ Normative Law Articles)".
The submissions of abstracts and papers should accompany a cover letter specifying author's name, designation, institute, contact number and email for future reference in the mail body itself.
The last date for submissions of abstracts is 15th October 2020.
Deadline for final paper submission is 15th November 2020 by 11:59 PM. (IST).
For any further queries, contact the Editorial Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor-in-Chief: Anandita Bhargava: 81309-03339
If you would like your event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.