- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies, Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi is pleased to organize its International Research paper Writing Competition, 2020.
We hereby encourage law student to participate in the aforementioned Competition and make the most of this opportunity to showcase their writing and research skills.
- The Competition is open to students pursuing LL.B. (3 year and 5 year)/LL.M courses from any recognized university.
“Impact of Covid-19 on Law, Policy and Governance” On 3rd January 2020, the People’s Republic of China notified the World Health Organization about a ‘pneumonia outbreak’ taking place in the city of Wuhan, Hubei province.
The virus belonged to the same family of coronaviruses as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which killed nearly 800 people globally during a 2002/03 outbreak that also started in China.
Within weeks, the disease spread to a number of countries and on 30 January, 2020, the WHO declared the coronavirus outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
1. COVID-19: Privacy Rights and Cyber security risks
2. Protecting Workers’ Rights through the COVID-19 crisis
3. Covid-19 and Businesses
4. Public health and role of state with special reference to the corona virus crisis
5. COVID-19: The Rule of law and democracy
6. Intellectual Property Rights and relevance of Compulsory Licensing in the time of COVID-19.
7. COVID 19: Digital technologies and Artificial Intelligence
8. COVID 19: Cyber laws and cyber crimes
9. Relevance of ethics during the Coronavirus crisis
10. Schools of Jurisprudence and COVID-19
11. Legal view of measures taken to tackle COVID-19
12. Critical appraisal of law and order machinery during COVID-19
13. Media and the Coronavirus crisis: Limitations of the Freedom of Speech
14. Legal appraisal of vaccination trials and emergency health measures
15. COVID-19 and the Future of International Law
• The competition is open to students who are presently enrolled in LL.B. and LL.M. courses.
• We encourage both Indian as well as International Students to participate in the competition.
• The research paper must be written in English (UK). • Only one entry is allowed per-author.
• Co-authorship up-to two authors is permitted.
• The research paper must not be more than 3,200 words (including footnotes).
• The first page of the research paper must contain the details of the author/s, title of the paper and the name of the college/institution.
• Only original research papers will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication else-where.
• Plagiarism Declaration should be duly attached to the research paper submitted by the participants.
• Submissions with more than 20% plagiarism shall be automatically rejected.
All submission must adhere to the following requirements:
• Font: Times New Roman
• Font Size: 12
• Line Spacing: 1.5
• Footnote Font size: 10
• Footnote Spacing: 1.0
• Alignment: Justified
• Citation: Bluebook 20th ed.
Interested participants are required to fill the duly completed registration form attached below and upload receipt of payment. An amount of Rs. 500/- (in case of single author) and Rs. 600/- (in case of co-authorship) has to be sent to the following account-
Account Name: Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies Law School
Bank Details: Axis Bank Limited
Branch: Lok Vihar
Account No. : 912010050002859
All the research papers must be submitted in soft copy, in docx and pdf format to email@example.com.
Last date for Registration: 25th November, 2020
Last date for submission: 20th December, 2020
Announcement of result: 31st December, 2020
A lecture on research methodology and writing research papers shall be provided to all registered participants. The training will take place online.
The result shall be declared in the last week of December, 2020. The names of the winner shall be displayed on the college website i.e. www.vips.edu/vls. The winners shall also be intimated separately.
First prize: INR 3,000/-
Second prize: INR 2,000/-
Third prize: INR 1,500/-
The winners shall be given the monetary prize as well as the certificates. Participation certificates shall be given to all and the selected papers will be published.
Click here to Register
If you would like your event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.