About the Organiser
The Department of Laws, Punjab University was originally established at Lahore in 1889, reestablished at Shimla in 1948, and finally re-located at the University Campus at Chandigarh in 1959. Its Alumni include Judges of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and High Courts, Union Cabinet Ministers, State Chief Ministers, Cabinet Ministers and other legal luminaries.
The stature of the Department of Laws is as big as its strength and has a great legacy in terms of its research and academic work related to national and international relevance. The Department with utmost pleasure announce that it is organising a National Moot Court Competition and everyone is cordially invited to participate.
About the Moot
The present moot court competition shall be conducted with an objective to provide learning opportunities to the students. The Department believes in imparting value added education and the event will help students in enhancing their research skills, writing and advocacy. The present moot problem is based on Constitutional Law, Parliamentary Privileges and their exercise by the members of Parliament.
• Eligibility Criteria: Students enrolled in a full-time Law Degree Programme i.e. Five-Years Integrated Law Degree Programme or Three-Year LL. B Programme at the time of the competition are eligible to participate in the Competition.
• Each Law College/Law School/Law University shall nominate Only One Team. Thus Only One Team will be eligible to participate from an Institution.
• The approval of the team for participation must be communicated undersigned by the Head/Chairperson/Principal of respective Institute and must be attached in the registration form. The format of approval letter is provided on Page no. 4.
• Team Composition: A team shall be comprised of Three Members i.e., Two Speakers and One Researcher. The Teams shall identify the speakers and researcher during registration and mention it too in the Approval Form.
• Official Language: The official language of the Competition shall be English only.
• Dress Code: The teams are required to follow a strict dress code as prescribed by the Bar Council of India for Advocates.
• The Team Codes shall be allotted to the participants after their initial registration. On the day of Orientation Program the draw of lots shall be conducted.
The participants as a team are requested to register online from 10th November, 2021 through this Google form - https://forms.gle/u39Vz8fEt869w98EA. After this initial registration, team codes shall be allotted and communicated on mail provided in the Form by the participants.
The registration fees of Rs. 500/- shall be paid later online and copy of receipt must be sent to mail i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only after payment of registration fees along with memorial submission, participation of teams shall be confirmed and same shall be communicated to given mail in registration form.
• Payable To: Head Deptt of Law
• Account Number: 10444977656
• IFS Code: SBIN0000742
• Branch: SBI, Sector 14, Punjab University, Chandigarh
• Commencement of Online Registration : November 10, 2021
• Last date for Online Registration : November 20, 2021
• Last date for seeking clarifications : November 25, 2021
• Release of final Clarifications : November 28, 2021
• Last Date for Submission of soft copy of memorials along-with payment of registration fees : December 05, 2021
• Orientation, Prelims & Quarters : December 11, 2021
• Semi-finals, Finals, Valedictory & Prize distribution : December 12, 2021
Awards & Certificates
• Winning Team – Rs. 11,000
• 1st Runner Up- Rs. 8,000
• Best Speaker – Rs. 4,000
• Best Memorial – Rs. 3,000
• Runner Up Speaker- Rs. 2000
• Best Researcher – Rs. 2,000
E-Certificates of Participation shall be awarded to the participants within 1 week of the completion of the Moot Court Competition.
Date and Venue of the Competition
The ‘Department of Laws National Moot Court Competition, 2021’ will be held from December 11, 2021 to December 12, 2021 virtually over Google Meet.
For Queries and Clarifications, Contact following:
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Paramjeet Kaur, Prof. Department of Laws, Punjab University, Chandigarh
Rohtash (Research Scholar) +91 9466609037
Shruti Dahiya (Research Scholar) +91 9050255515
Bhawna Kesar (Research Scholar) +91 8054471192