The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Jindal Global Law School is proud to support the conduct of the Young Thailand Arbitration Center (YTHAC) Annual Webinar during the Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC) ADR Series 2021 on the topic “International Arbitration in The New Normal: Dos and Don’ts for digital networking and online hearings".
About the Young Thailand Arbitration Center (YTHAC)
Young THAC (“YTHAC”) is a group to empower young practitioners, business professionals, professors, students, and members of the community under the age of 45 with interest in the field of arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”). YTHAC provides a unique platform to bring together innovative ideas and thoughtful contributions to the development of arbitration and ADR in Thailand, the region and internationally through subjects which are of interest to young practitioners.
The pandemic has been transformative as it has necessitated the use of digital solutions to avoid unnecessary delays in arbitration proceedings. On the other hand, it has raised new challenges about the optimal way for career and business development, networking, profile raising in international arbitration in the new normal.
YTHAC will take up these important topics around key issues, strategies, and tips for conducting a virtual hearing in arbitration as well as business and career development, as well as networking in international arbitration with practitioners who have successfully navigated the new norm in innovative ways including:
• What kind of advocacy and cross examination skills are needed and what are the best tips for virtual hearings?
• What are the best practices and steps to avoid when conducting a virtual hearing?
• What are the biggest challenges of virtual hearings and how do we overcome them?
• How do you raise your profile virtually?
• Do’s and don’ts of networking and development when your computer is the only way of communication?
The insights and takeaways from our experienced panelists will be invaluable in conducting arbitration in the digital age.
Ms. Vanina Sucharitkul, YTHAC Co-President, International Arbitrator
1. Ms. Chananya Rattanacharoen, Watson Farley & Williams
2. Ms. Svenja Wachtel, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
3. Mr. Jedsarit Sahussarungsi, Weerawong C&P
4. Ms. Manini Brar, Independent Arbitrator
5. Dr. Matt Secomb, White & Case
Mr. Prin Laomanutsak, DLA Piper
Date: Tuesday, 7th October 2021
Time : 3:00 PM - 4.30 PM BKT / 10 AM - 11.30 AM CEST (UTC+7) / 1:30PM - 3:00PM Indian Standard Time
Place: Via Zoom
You will receive an Meeting ID by email on your registered email address before 6th October 2021
If you would like your campus event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.