- Apprentice Lawyer
Webinar Alert: Legally Yours's webinar on new farming laws with Dr. Parikshit Sirohi (Jan 14)
Legally Yours welcomes 2021 with yet another informative session on ‘CHANGE IN FARM LAWS: The Battle Continues’ with Dr. Parikshit Sirohi, Assistant Professor at Law Centre-II, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
The dispute between the farmers and the Central Government over the Farm Laws, 2020 is far from being resolved. With the farmers sitting in protest against the said laws for more than 45 days, reaching an amicable solution seems like a far-fetched dream.
Various rounds of talks between the farmers and the government have not reached any consensus owing to both the parties being adamant on their stand. At the end, the Supreme Court had to step in, keeping the interest of general public in mind.
The session shall broadly cover the following:
1. Brief overview of the contentious provisions of Farm Laws;
2. Contract Farming and farmers' apprehension;
3. Effect on PDS due to the involvement of private players;
4. Shortcomings in the procurement policy of government;
5. Right of protest granted under the Constitution in the light of recent Supreme Court Judgement(s);
6. Analysis of the recent observations made by SC in Farm Laws case.
The session shall conclude with a question-answer round with the participants.
Please Join Us On:
Date : 14th January 2021, Thursday
Time : IST 05:00 P.M.
Google Meet Link: meet.google.com/pcg-kzkw-dae
+91 92122 21807
For any enquires, feel free to email us at
If you would like your campus event to be published on Bar & Bench, please fill in the form available here.