Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news
www.barandbench.com
Luthra helps Apollo Hospitals in acquisition of minority stake in Imperial Hospital
Dealstreet

Luthra helps Apollo Hospitals in acquisition of minority stake in Imperial Hospital

Bar & Bench

Apollo Hospitals, a leading corporate healthcare services provider in India, has acquired minority stake in Imperial Hospital & Research Centre Limited, a multi-specialty hospital.

Luthra and Luthra advised Apollo Hospitals with a team led by Mumbai Partner Manan Lahoty along with Senior Associate Ravi Dubey.

Imperial Hospital was advised by its in-house team.

According to Dealcurry, Apollo hospitals had earlier invested Rs. 30 crore for 51 per cent stake in the Bangalore-based hospital-cum-research centre. Recently, Apollo hospitals bought 39 per cent in the hospital-cum-research centre for Rs. 90 crore to increase its total shareholding to 90 per cent.

Imperial Hospitals is currently a 280-bed-tertiary-care facility focusing on the number of specialties. Apollo hospital is planning to increase the bed count by 500 in the research centre.

Apollo hospitals owns partially/fully around 10 subsidiaries which includes Unique Health Care limited, AB Medical centres, Samudra Healthcare Enterprises Limited, Apollo Hospitals (UK), Pinakini Hospitals limited, Imperial Hospital and research Centre among others.