- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
Lawyers Chamber Blocks in the Delhi High Court premises will re-open this week after they were shut in March 2020 to contain COVID-19 contagion.
"The chambers will be open for advocates from Thursday after due arrangements are made. It’s a big relief for litigating lawyers.", said Advocate Naginder Benipal, Member Executive, Delhi High Court Bar Association.
The High Court's Committee for preparation of Graded-Action Plan has recommended opening the three Lawyers Chamber Blocks in the High Court premises, to primarily enable advocates to take away their files, books, belongings etc.
The decision was taken pursuant to a representation made to this effect by the President of Delhi High Court Bar Association, Senior Advocate Mohit Mathur.
As per the Committee's recommendations, the access is permitted with the following conditions and safeguards:
- Access shall be limited to one lawyer per chamber (or two per chamber where chamber is on twin sharing basis) with one assistant or one junior.
- The timings for the access and use of chamber shall be from 10.00 am to 12.00 noon (morning phase) and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (afternoon phase).
- Layover period be used by housekeeping agencies for sanitization and deep cleaning of the used portions of the building.
- No intern or client shall be permitted access in the chambers.
- The entry and exit of all users/visitors should be properly documented, monitored and regulated by DHCBA.
- Entry of the vehicles shall be only from Gate No.7 till further orders.
- All vehicles shall be parked in the main surface parking. Drivers shall remain in the parking area only.
- Sanitizers and handheld body temperature scanners be put to use at entrance of all such blocks.
- Proper face masks shall be mandatory for all such visiting advocate etc.
- No kiosk facility for tea, coffee etc. or ancillary services in any chamber block shall be opened till further orders.
- No common use areas like Bar, Consultation Room etc. be opened for use. Only the toilets for the floor(s) to be used shall be opened.
- Lift facility shall be provided only to the floor(s) in use and shall be used only by two persons at a time. It be primarily used by those who are unable to climb stair for any reason.
- For proper garbage disposal, every chamber-user shall ensure that garbage is properly disposed of in closed plastic bag in the dustbin provided for in every floor.
- Where there are multiple staircases, the signages be put indicating one-way use to prevent persons coming face to face.
- Persons allowed access shall avoid visiting other chambers.
The Committee has asked DHCBA to roll out necessary orders and advisories to ensure compliance of the above recommendations. A report is also sought after two weeks from DHCBA in order to access and review the situation.
Read the Communication sent in this regard: