- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
With effect from May 21, 2020, lawyers chambers in the Delhi High Court shall open in two shifts, in a phased manner.
While odd numbered chambers have been allowed to open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, even numbered chambers can function on the remaining days of the week, except Sundays.
A Notice to this effect has been published by the Delhi High Court Bar Association.
The directions for using the chambers are as follows:
- Social distancing norms are to be followed mandatorily.
- Wearing masks and gloves is mandatory.
- Members need to enter their particulars in the registers available at the entrance.
-No intern, client or service personnel is permitted inside the camber.
- Access shall be limited to one lawyer per chamber (or two per chamber where chamber is on twin sharing basis).
- Only one junior or assistant is permitted.
- Entry and exit of the vehicles shall be only from Gate No.7. Drivers are not allowed to access areas outside the parking lot.
- Lift facility shall be provided only to the floor(s) in use and shall be used only by two persons at a time.
- Members are requested to not visit other chambers.
- No kiosk facility, canteen, shop can not open.
- Consultation Room and Vimarsh facilities shall remain closed.
- Cubicles in the office of DHCBA shall not be available for hire or otherwise.
- Members will be scanned for temperature check at the entrance.
It is assured that the Executive Committee of DHCBA shall be present at all times to help the members who face any difficulty.
Earlier this week, the High Court's Committee for preparation of Graded-Action Plan had recommended opening the three Lawyers Chamber Blocks in the High Court premises, to primarily enable advocates to take away their files, books, belongings etc.
The decision was taken by the Committee pursuant to a representation made to this effect by the President of Delhi High Court Bar Association, Senior Advocate Mohit Mathur.
Chambers were shut in March 2020 to contain COVID-19 contagion.
Read the complete schedule here: