- Apprentice Lawyer
- Legal Jobs
For now, only urgent matters shall be taken up for hearing in the premises of DIAC.
Following the resumption of physical functioning in the Delhi High Court, the physical functioning of Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) shall also resume in a phased manner.
As per the Circular issued by the Delhi High Court, the Standard Operating Protocol for resumption of physical functioning in the High Court shall apply to DIAC to the extent applicable.
The other guidelines are as follows:
- Only urgent matters shall be taken up for hearing in the premises of DIAC.
- The parties shall file an application for physical hearing before the Coordinator of DIAC who shall consider the urgency and such matters which are considered urgent may be listed for physical hearing in DIAC.
- Entry into DIAC, for the purposes of attending physical hearings, shall be restricted to only one advocate per party whose vakalatnama is on record/ who has been duly authorised by such advocate to appear and senior counsel engaged by such advocate.
- Registered clerk shall be permitted only for the limited purpose of delivering heavy and bulky case files of such advocates upto the hearing room.
- The arbitrating party shall be allowed only where such party is pursuing the case himself/herself without any legal assistance.
- Only hearing rooms on the second floor shall be available for physical hearings for the time being.
The earlier Guidance Note issued by DIAC shall continue to remain in force and the arrangements qua hearing of matters by Arbitral Tribunals through videoconferencing shall continue as before.
In June, DIAC had resumed partial functioning and issued a Guidance Note encouraging parties to conduct meetings/proceedings through video conference.
Read the Circular: