NALSAR is hosting its 3rd Public International Law Moot Court Competition, the NALSAR-UNHCR Public International Law Moot Court Competition, with UNHCR as the title sponsor in association with Migration and Asylum Project (MAP).
About the Organizers
The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research is a National Law University located in Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Established in 1998, it is a public law school and one of the first universities in the nation to offer the five-year B.A., LLB. course.
About the Competition
NALSAR has previously organized several premier moot court competitions and has witnessed the participation of the brightest brains in law schools around the country. In keeping with this tradition, the university is organizing the third edition of the NALSAR-UNHCR Public International Law Moot Court Competition with United Nations Human Rights Commission as the title sponsor and M.A.P. as associate partners. The UNHCR’s initiatives and objective complements the objective of the moot to stir up research and amplify the participants’ interest in the emerging field of international law issues. The moot will be held on a virtual platform from 15 – 17 July 2022.
The Competition is open to students currently enrolled in LL.B. Undergraduate Degree Courses or LL.M. Postgraduate Degree Courses.
A team is not permitted to have members from more than one institution.
No more than one team may represent an institution.
Kindly complete all the registration formalities stated in the Official Rules of the moot on or before May 29, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST). For detailed instruction please refer to the Rule Book.
The link to the Google form for provisional registration is as follows: Click Here
All the Indian teams shall be required to make a payment of ₹3000 via online transfer (NEFT), and all the overseas teams shall be required to make a payment of USD $70 via wire transfer before 29th May 2022 (11:59P.M. IST) in order to register for Stage I.
The account details for the payment are:
· Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, NALSAR
· Bank Name: Indian Bank
· Branch Name: Shameerpet
· Account No: 418454214
· IFSC Code: IDIB000S166
Stage I: May 29, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST)
· Winning Team: Cash Prize of ₹50,000/- and a trophy.
· Runners-up Team: Cash Prize of ₹25,000/-, and a trophy.
· Best International Team: Cash Prize of ₹10,000/-.
· Best Speaker: Cash prize of ₹10,000/-, and a trophy.
· Second-Best Speaker: Cash prize of ₹7,500/-.
· Team with Best Memorial: Applicants: Cash prize of ₹10,000/-, and a trophy.
· Team with Best Memorial: Respondent: Cash prize of ₹10,000/-, and a trophy.
· Best Researcher: Cash prize of ₹10,000/-, and a trophy.
· Second-Best Researcher: Cash Prize of ₹7,500/-.
· All participating teams will be provided with a certificate of participation.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anshul Agarwal (Head) +91 7976217443
Yash Dodani (Treasurer) +91 9834544709
Neha Varma +91 7095345430
Vinesh Chaudhary +91 8077170519
Mayank K +91 9708432747