District Court cannot appoint guardian for minors, only Family Court can: Kerala High Court

"In case of overlapping jurisdiction, it may result in contradictory orders, which may affect the welfare and well-being of the child, which is of paramount consideration," the Court said.
Kerala HC, Custody of child
Kerala HC, Custody of child

The Kerala High Court recently held that District Courts are empowered only to appoint a guardian for a minor's property and not for a minor's person and it is the Family Court that is empowered to do the latter [KS Narayana Elayathu v Sandhya].

Want to read the full story?

We’re glad you’re enjoying this story. Subscribe to any of our plans to continue reading the story.

Already have an account? Sign In

Related Stories

No stories found.
Bar and Bench - Indian Legal news